Steps to Install Youtube TV on firestick easily under 2 mins (Direct Method)
Youtube is the most popular video content platform. It is currently the biggest video streaming and sharing platform with millions of users watching it every day. Obviously, we would love to see youtube TV on Firestick but Google and Amazon have been in a cold war with fire TV for quite a long time.
Due to this, many popular apps of Google cannot be used in Amazon. Although both companies stated that they will come to an agreement, we think it is impossible. This is because Google is trying to feature their own products like Google Home and Google Chromecast.
Due to this problem, you cannot download and use the official Youtube on Firestick. So, in this guide, we will see how to install an alternative app for youtube. Smart Youtube TV had been previously found in the Amazon store, but later they removed it. Now we have to sideload it in order to use the app. Though it is named Smart Youtube Live TV, you cannot stream Youtube Live in this app. This guide will teach you how to install Silk Browser and watch youtube videos on your Fire TV.
Disclaimer: Use VPN to access Geo-restricted content and bypass ISP throttling and online surveillance.
Step 1: Turn ON Unknown Sources on your firestick:
Youtube is not part of the Amazon store. So you have to download from the web. All Android app has this feature of blocking apps that are not from the official app store. So in order to install such apps, the security feature must be disabled. You may think this will cause any problems. But Smart Youtube TV is very safe to download. Now we have to enable the “ Unknown Sources” in the settings.
To do that,
- Turn on your firestick and connect with your Internet.
- Go to Settings and you will find My Fire TV
- Now Click My Fire TV, you will find developer option, select it
- Click “Apps from Unknown Sources” to change its status.
- You will receive a warning on disabling this setting. Ignore the notification and click on “Turn On”
- We would suggest to turn on this security feature after installing Youtube TV on your firestick.
Step 2: Install the Downloader app on Firestick
Smart youtube TV is an APK file. APK file is designed for devices that run on Android. So, the APK file cannot be used in Firestick. That is why we need the “ Downloader “ app. The downloader app is used to download APK files.
To install the downloader app, search the Downloader on the Amazon app store. Install it.
Step 3: Uninstall official YouTube app
- Uninstall the official Youtube app if you have it installed already on your firestick as it crashes with Smart Youtube TV.
- To uninstall Youtube App,
- Go to Settings and open Applications
- Select “Manage Installed Applications”
- Now Choose Youtube from the list and click Uninstall.
Step 4: Install Smart Youtube TV:
Now we are all set to install Smart Youtube TV on Firestick. The following are very simple to follow.
1.Open Downloader app on your firestick.
2. Bring on the On-screen Keyboard by pressing the select button on your firestick.
3. Type the URL address without errors. This is where most people do errors. Type https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/. Now click Go Button on the onscreen keyboard.
4. The website will start to load on your screen. If it not loading navigate to GO button near URL.
5. Now scroll down on the page. Under the download section, you will see the Stable Version. Click on it to download Smart Youtube TV.
6. Hit Install Button right after the download.
7. Wait for the installation to complete. After Installation, you can choose “Done” to open the app later or “Open” to open the app immediately.
8. It is always better to click “Done” so it will return to the Downloader page. Now we can delete the APK file. The firestick storage is very limited, so we have to clear unwanted files.
Opening Youtube TV on Firestick:
- After installation Youtube Fire TV is ready to use right away. However, you can navigate the app to the front so it is easy to access on firestick. To do that,
- Hold the Home Button and select Apps from the options.
- Search Smart TV in the App Library. Newly Installed apps will always be at the bottom.
- Locate the Smart Youtube TV app and select options on the bottom right side corner of the screen.
- Click and navigate the app to the top.
And there you installed Youtube TV on firestick. Though it doesn’t offer some features in the original Youtube, it is the only close alternative we have. Hope this article helps. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comments section.