If you are an Android user, then there is no possibility that you haven’t used MX player. It is by far the best media player for Android devices hands down. There is no other Media Player that is close to the MX player. But what if we are able to use MX player on firestick?…
Well, the answer is, you will have the best of both worlds. MX player not only allows you to watch videos in your storage but also stream videos online.
Features of MX player on firestick:
Excellent Playback Feature:
The Player supports a wide range of video files. The stock media player can play up to 4 or 5 video formats. But MX Player supports up to 10 different video formats. No matter whatever the video format is MX Player can get the job done. Moreover, if you have good hardware support on your device, you can play High Definition videos without any problems.
Like most players, MX player supports Subtitles. It can even do more than other players. You can access the subtitle file from your strange or memory card and link it to the video file. The subtitle file and video file does not need to be in the same folder. All subtitle formats are supported by MX Player. After adding subtitles, you can even sync with the video.
This is one of the best features MX Player can offer. You can boost your Audio up to 200%. Some videos tend to have low audio. The software coder built inside the application can amplify even a very low audio quality.
MX player is not only limited to play videos on your storage. With MX player, you can also stream online video content.
How to install MX Player on firestick:
MX player cannot be installed directly from the Amazon store since it is a third-party app. The easiest way to sideload an app on firestick is by using the Downloader app. The downloader app.
How to install Downloader app:
In the firestick home screen, select “Search”
Type “ Downloader” in the search.
Now click the icon on the screen.
Click the download on the next screen.
Step 1: Turning on Unknown Sources:
- In order to install any third-party app on your firestick, you have to disable a security feature called Unknown Sources.
- In the Home Screen, you will find Settings in the Menu Bar.
- Now click My Fire TV on the screen that appears.
- A drop-down screen appears with more options, Choose Developer Option.
- Next, make sure Apps from the Unknown Sources is Turned ON. If it is OFF, click on it to turn ON.
- You will receive a warning message. Ignore it and click Turn ON.
Step 2: Downloading MX Player on firestick:
- Open Downloader app, It will open with the Home option by default.
- An on-screen keyboard appears on the screen. Type the link manually on the onscreen keyboard. Click Go.
- The downloader will instantly start downloading the file. Wait for some time to complete the download.
- The next screen is a confirmation screen. Click next at the bottom right corner of the screen. Now click the install button.
- After installation, you will see a screen displaying App Installed. At the bottom of the screen, you will find two options “Done” and “Open”
- Click “Done” for now to delete the Downloader APK. Firestick storage is very limited. So we don’t require the APK file. After clicking done, you will be directed back to the Downloader page. Click Delete.
MX Player is the best media player right now. If you don’t want to disable security settings and install MX Player, you can simply use a VLC media player from the Amazon Store. But it cannot play many popular video formats. You can Disable the security settings to download the file and later can enable it. Hope this article helps you to install MX Player on Firestick. If you have any questions, drop it down on the comments.